Your doctor is the expert when it comes to your health care. He or she knows your complete medical history and can accurately assess your test results.
Here's what happens after your images have been taken:
- A board-certified physician -- a radiologist -- will examine and interpret your test images
- A written report will be sent to your doctor one business day after your test
- Your doctor will review the results and either call you and discuss, send a letter with your results, or discuss them with you at your next scheduled appointment
- If you have any questions concerning your images, contact your doctor's office
- If you would like a CD of your medical images, stop by the Imaging Department at Alton Memorial Hospital. The patient must sign a release; if someone other than the patient, a signed note from the patient must be provided or proof of power of attorney.
For more information on our imaging services or to speak to an imaging specialist, call us at 618.463.7414 or email us.