To improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
To be the River Bend's health care delivery organization that:
- Delivers compassionate, skilled and patient-centered care in partnership with physicians, nurses and other health care practitioners
- Continuously enhances clinical quality and patient safety through the adoption of new technologies and service innovations that improve care
- Establishes meaningful relationships with employers, insurers and the community-at-large to improve community health status through illness and injury prevention, early detection and disease management
- Develops its workforce and is an employer of choice
- Maintains operational and financial strength to ensure the future of health care in the River Bend area
Patient-Focused -- We consider the patient in all that we do; we treat our patients and their families with compassion and respect, and work to earn their trust in every encounter they have with us
Disciplined -- We have responsibility to be good stewards of a community health asset that is entrusted to us; we wisely manage our processes, assets and finances to ensure we have the resources to meet the health care needs of our communities now and in the future
Knowledge-Driven -- We identify and embrace new techniques, ideas, advancements, evidence-based standards and demonstrated best practices to improve health care quality and clinical outcomes; each of us is committed to continually improving our individual skills, knowledge and talents
Trust, Dignity and Respect -- Everyone brings value and deserves the opportunities and supportive environments that allow them to reach their full potential; we embrace the similarities and differences that help us fulfill our purpose
High Ethical Standards and Behaviors -- Each of us adheres to a code of conduct to ensure honesty, fairness and individual integrity
Teamwork and Accountability -- Working together allows us to accomplish more than we could individually; each of us is responsible for doing our best, keeping our commitments and sharing our knowledge to advance the mission of Alton Memorial Hospital
Adopted by the Alton Memorial Hospital Board of Directors, June 23, 2005.