In becoming part of the volunteer program with Alton Memorial Hospital, you will join a team of people dedicated to high-quality patient care. It is our belief that working together as a team and sharing a common objective of excellent service has earned Alton Memorial Hospital the recognition of being one of the finest health care providers in Southern Illinois. By choosing to volunteer at Alton Memorial Hospital, you are helping the hospital in continuing its commitment to excellence while providing yourself with the personal satisfaction of contributing to the welfare of those in need.
Youth volunteers (15-17) should call 618.433.6684 to get their application and other information.
Questions or concerns? Email us or call 618.433.6684.
- Improve your self-esteem
- Make new friends
- Develop new skills
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Receive personal satisfaction from helping others
- Receive a discount in the hospital cafeteria, gift shop and pharmacy
- Annual Christmas Luncheon
- Annual Spring Volunteer Luncheon
What does a hospital volunteer do?
- Choose your role – there are various openings from which to choose,and training is provided!
- Choose your level of activity – there are openings for those who wish to stand and walk, as well as those who prefer more sedentary positions
- Choose your shift – there are openings for both mornings and afternoons on any day of the week you prefer
What qualifications do I need?