Patients at Alton Memorial Hospital can register in person. To register, you need:
- Your insurance card
- Your Medicare or Medicaid card
- Your doctor's full name
- Your Social Security Number
- Your employment information
- Emergency contact information
- For faster, more efficient service, please bring your physician's orders for outpatient testing.
You may register in the Duncan Wing lobby at Alton Memorial Hospital:
||6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
||8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Emergency registrations after hours and on Sunday are received in the Emergency Department.
If you have special needs addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act or require the services of an interpreter during your stay, please contact the hospital operator.
- On the day of discharge, you will receive instruction from nursing regarding medication, appointments and treatments.
- The case manager will help arrange for any services, home health, therapy and adaptive equipment recommended by your physician.
- You will be discharged sometime after 10:00 a.m.
- Normally, you'll want to make arrangements a relative or friend to pick you up and see you home safely.
For more information about patient registration at Alton Memorial Hospital, call 618.463.7370.