When you visit our mammography area, you will find a waiting area and private dressing room with your comfort and privacy as our first priority.
Guiding You through Breast Issues
Experiencing a breast problem can be overwhelming without the added difficulty of navigating your way through a complex healthcare delivery system.
At Alton Memorial Hospital, we understand that anxiety. Our breast navigator, Malea Watson, will be with you every step of the way. She will help you coordinate appointments with our vast medical team members and expedite your communications with physicians. Malea is a liaison between you, your physicians and your family, knowing that your well-being and peace of mind are just as vital as your treatment.
Malea Watson, RN, Breast Health Navigator
Alton Memorial Hospital
Medical Imaging Dept.
As the Breast Health Navigator, Malea is here to help you or your loved one as a liaison between your physicians and radiologist. She understands the stress of waiting for mammogram results, and is here to help you with the following services:
- Board-Certified Radiologists availability to read Mammography
- Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. with same day diagnostic views and ultrasound if indicated
- Educating women on the need for follow-up and convenient scheduling
- Surgeons same day or next day availability for consultations
- Biopsy availability within 48 hours
- Oncology/Radiation availability for case review or needed consultation
- Cancer Care Center scheduling for chemotherapy or radiation needs to ensure patient convenience and accessible parking.
- Community Educational Programs
For more information on our Breast Health Services or to schedule an appointment, contact us at 618.463.7647
or email us