Special Visiting Policy
BJC HealthCare has made the difficult decision to implement a “limited visitor” policy. This is a necessary part of our efforts to protect patients and staff against the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Inpatients will be allowed 1 visitor per day.
- Obstetrics patients will be allowed 1 visitor.
- Patients with physical dependencies or limitations, for whom a family member or caregiver is integral to care, are allowed 1 visitor.
- Emergency Room patients will be allowed 1 visitor.
- Patients at the end-of-life can have 2 visitors at a time. Additional exceptions for end-of-life are under review.
- Patients with behavioral health needs, developmental delays or altered mental status are allowed 1 visitor.
- Pediatric patients can have 2 visitors.
- Those with an appointment in an outpatient area, procedural area or medical office may have 1 visitor for an adult, 2 for a child.
For those planning to visit a patient, please note:
- You will be asked a series of questions and temperature screened before entering the hospital.
- Anyone experiencing signs of illness will not be allowed to visit.
- You must not have had contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19.
- You must wash your hands.
- If you develop any symptoms, immediately notify the patient’s care team.
Please know that we recognize the importance of family and friends to our patients, and will evaluate this policy regularly. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these extraordinary times.